The need for microservices is growing rapidly as organizations strive to create and manage highly scalable, efficient applications. Microservices are an essential tool in achieving these goals, as they allow businesses to break up their applications into smaller, more manageable components that can be developed and deployed independently. With microservices, businesses can achieve faster time-to-market, better scalability, and more reliable services. Additionally, when deployed properly, microservices can provide increased security and reliability at the same time. As such, organizations are increasingly turning to microservices for their application development needs. Terraform is an excellent tool for automating the creation of these services using the serverless framework in AWS called Lambda functions. By using Terraform to configure Lambda, companies can enjoy the benefits of microservices with ease and efficiency.
In this lab, we will build an API using a serverless Lambda function with an API Gateway. All this will be built with Terraform.
The following is required to follow along:
- Terraform or use GitHub's Codespaces or Gitpod as your development environment. The code repo is equipped with it.
- An AWS account or if you're subscribed to the TeKanAid Academy Subscription you get your own AWS account on demand.
If you would like to use TeKanAid's AWS accounts
Subsribe to TeKanAid Academy Now!
and get access to this Course and more!
Otherwise, scroll down and you can enroll for free and use your own AWS Account
Hi there, I'm Sam
I'm a husband and father of two wonderful boys. I'm also very passionate 🔥 about all things technology. From when I was 10, I had a dream to become a computer 💻 engineer one day. Here I am today living the dream!
Thanks for visiting TeKanAid University. My goal is to teach you all things DevOps. Below are some of the things I've done over the years. I'm confident that I can help you achieve your dreams too.
- 15+ years of experience in various Information Technology fields from Telecommunications, Computer Networks, Digital Transformation, DevOps, Cybersecurity, and IoT
- President of TeKanAid Solutions Inc. building online content in the DevOps space
- Previous - Sr. Solutions Engineer at HashiCorp
- Pre-Sales Engineer at multiple US start-up vendors interacting with many enterprise customers
- Master of Applied Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering - University of Waterloo in Ontario Canada.
For more info about me, check this link