Choosing the right tool for provisioning and configuring infrastructure can be tricky, as there are several options available. Among them, Terraform and Ansible are two of the most widely used. In order to determine which one is the best fit for you, it's important to understand the key differences between the two. This demo comparison will help you make an informed decision.
In this lab, we will take a practical approach by demoing both Terraform and Ansible to see the difference.
Below are the concepts we will discuss.
- What is Terraform?
- What is Ansible?
- Infrastructure as Code
- Configuration Management
- Infrastructure State
- Mutable Infrastructure
- Immutable Infrastructure
- Imperative Programming
- Declarative Programming
The following is required to follow along:
- Terraform or use GitHub's Codespaces as your development environment. The code repo is equipped with it.
- An AWS account or if you're subscribed to the TeKanAid Academy Subscription you get your own AWS account on demand.
If you would like to use TeKanAid's AWS accounts
Subsribe to TeKanAid Academy Now!
and get access to this Course and more!
Otherwise, scroll down and you can enroll for free and use your own AWS Account
Hi there, I'm Sam
I'm a husband and father of two wonderful boys. I'm also very passionate 🔥 about all things technology. From when I was 10, I had a dream to become a computer 💻 engineer one day. Here I am today living the dream!
Thanks for visiting TeKanAid University. My goal is to teach you all things DevOps. Below are some of the things I've done over the years. I'm confident that I can help you achieve your dreams too.
- 15+ years of experience in various Information Technology fields from Telecommunications, Computer Networks, Digital Transformation, DevOps, Cybersecurity, and IoT
- President of TeKanAid Solutions Inc. building online content in the DevOps space
- Previous - Sr. Solutions Engineer at HashiCorp
- Pre-Sales Engineer at multiple US start-up vendors interacting with many enterprise customers
- Master of Applied Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering - University of Waterloo in Ontario Canada.
For more info about me, check this link